Saturday, November 15, 2003

I'm high on 'E'

In the next 6 months I plan to be in the position to get a new car. So accordingly I have started researching the vehivcle that will be eligible for that purchase. For a long time I have been in love with Honda Accords. I think they are reliable and sterdy and for the most part all Consumer Reports have nothing bad to say about the dependability of Honda.

At least I felt that way until wandering to the Honda site to build a price my new Accord, I noticed they had a new vehicle in the mist. Its name was Element and I can't let go. Yes ladies and germs I am high on 'E' for Element, of course.

Starting price for Elements are around $16,510. The model I want is EX 4WD with Front Side Airbags in Sunset Orange Pearl. It is priced at $21,100.00 + $490.00 destination and handling.

Technical Features

  • 160-hp 2.4 liter DOHC i-VTEC 4 cylinder engine
  • Real Time 4-Wheel Drive
  • Unit Body Construction
  • 4-Wheel Independent Suspension
  • 4-Wheel Disc Break
  • Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brake Distribution
  • 110, 000 mile scheduled tune-up interval
  • 4-speed automatic transmission


  • Safety Features

  • Dual-stage front airbags
  • 3-point seatbelts at all seating positions
  • Front 3-point seatbelts with automatic tensioning system
  • Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children
  • Immobilizer theft Deterrent system
  • Side-impact door beams


  • Interior Features

  • 270-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 7 speakers including subwoofer
  • MP3/digital media auxiliary jack
  • Air conditioning with air-filtration system
  • Power front windows with auto-up/down driver's window
  • Power door and tailgate locks
  • Urethane-coated utility floor
  • Waterproof FXCâ„¢ (For Extreme Conditions) seat fabric
  • Removable, flip-up rear seats
  • Fold-flat capable seating


  • Exterior Features

  • Side cargo doors
  • Composite body panels
  • Clamshell tailgate
  • Rear privacy glass
  • 16" alloy wheels
  • Multi-reflector halogen headlights


  • Certain features have probably let on that this is not a car (SUV?) expected of my demographic. The core audience they were looking for were white males under 35. Being a Black female under 25 has pretty much shot that demographic off the scale. Seriously though the vehicle is selling well but it is to older white men.

    To be quite honest I think the truck is ugly but it is unique and scarcely scene, so I identify with its uniqueness, I revel it to a point. There is currently no 2004 model available and there won't be at least until January '04. The only changes they have made is that the keyless entry and security system will be standard along with the driver side armrest.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home